Rezoning Application - 177 West Pender Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 177 West Pender Street from Downtown District (DD) to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a new 10-storey residential building, including:
- 90 social housing units;
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 6.93;
- a building height of 32 m (105 ft.); and
- one level of parking with 68 bicycle parking spaces, one loading space and no vehicle parking stalls.
A community open house was held from 5-8 pm on Monday, July 31, 2017 at the Chinese Cultural Centre Auditorium, 50 East Pender Street, with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
This application has been approved by Council at Public Hearing on December 6, 2017.
Application (June 12, 2017)
- Letter of Intent (105kb)
- Project Statistics (1.28mb)
- Rezoning Rationale and Context (3.93mb)
- Site and Context Plan (1.16mb)
- Floor Plans (799kb)
- Elevations (1.14mb)
- Sections (197kb)
- Landscape Plan (6.68mb)
- Shadow Study (254kb)
- Sustainability (80kb)
- Daylight Study (256kb)
- Regular Council Meeting: October 31, 2017
- Public Hearing: December 6, 2017
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - July 31, 2017
- Urban Design Panel: August 23 , 2017, Evaluation: Support with Recommendations
- Downtown Eastside Local Area Plan
- Rezoning Policy for the Downtown Eastside
- Victory Square Policy Plan
- Victory Square Design Guidelines
- Downtown Official Development Plan
- Housing Design and Technical Guidelines
- Micro Dwelling Policies and Guidelines
- Green Building Policy for Rezonings
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City contact: Linda Gillan, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-673-8281
Applicant contact: Dane Jansen, DYS Architecture, 604-669-7710
To receive updates about the Downtown Eastside Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/dtes and provide your contact information in the box titled, “Get updates”.