Rezoning Application - 1668-1684 Alberni Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1668-1684 Alberni Street from RM-5C (Multiple Dwelling) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District under the West End Plan. The proposal is for a 39-storey residential building including:
- a six-storey podium;
- 94 market residential units;
- a floor space ratio of 10.7;
- four levels of underground parking with 180 vehicle parking stalls and 120 bicycle parking spaces; and
- a building height of 117.3m (385 ft.).
A community open house was held on September 21, 2017 from 5-8pm, at the Crystal Ballroom, Empire Landmark Hotel (1400 Robson Street), with City staff and the applicant team available to answer questions.
You can provide comments on this rezoning application by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (August 11, 2017)
- Letter of Intent and Rationale (943kb)
- Site Statistics (82kb)
- Design Context (7.55mb)
- Shadow Studies (1.27mb)
- View Cone Analysis (282kb)
- Site Photos (1.85mb)
- Renderings (2.33mb)
- Landscape Plan (1.66mb)
- Sustainability (516kb)
- Transportation (1.34mb)
- Floor Plans (4.83mb)
- Elevations and Sections (1.81mb)
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - September 21, 2017
- Urban Design Panel: October 2 , 2017 - Support with Recommendations
- West End Community Plan (2013)
- Rezoning Policy for the West End (2013)
- RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C, and RM-5D
- West End RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C, and RM-5D Guidelines
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings
- Family Room Housing Mix Policy
- High Density Housing for Families with Children Guidelines
- Issues Report: Redevelopment of 1075 West Hastings Street and View Corridors (1.61mb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City contact: Yan Zeng, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-871-6383
Applicant contact: Josh Anderson, Westbank, 604-685-8986
To receive updates about the West End Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/westend and provide your contact information at the bottom of the page.