Rezoning Application - 1640-1650 Alberni Street
This rezoning application has been withdrawn by the applicant.
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1640-1650 Alberni Street from RM-5C (Multiple Dwelling) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District.
The proposal is for a 42-storey residential building with a four-storey podium, including:
- 276 units of secured market rental housing;
- floor space ratio (FSR) of 13.69;
- five levels of underground parking with 148 vehicle parking stalls;
- 345 bicycle parking spaces; and
- a building height of 117.3 m (385 ft.)
This application is being considered under the West End Community Plan and Rezoning Policy for the West End.
A community open house was held on Monday, November 21, 2016 from 5 to 8 pm at the Crystal Ballroom of the Empire Landmark Hotel (1400 Robson Street). City staff and the applicant team were available to answer questions.
Application (October 7, 2016)
- Policy Context (1.73mb)
- Design Rationale (704kb)
- Project Statistics (769kb)
- Sustainability (77kb)
- Building Height (1.84mb) (Updated November 18, 2016)
- Streetscape (974kb)
- Shadow Studies (438kb) (Updated May 5, 2017)
- Site Context (1.16mb)
- Parking Plans (292kb)
- Floor and Roof Plan (1.55mb)
- Landscape Plans (807kb)
- Building Sections (882kb)
- Building Elevations (1.66mb)
- Building Renderings (1.62mb)
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - November 21, 2016
- Urban Design Panel - November 30, 2016
- West End Community Plan (17.25mb)
- West End Community Plan Rezoning Policy (155kb)
- RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C, and RM-5D (206kb)
- West End RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C, and RM-5D Guidelines (759kb)
- Rental Housing Stock (RHS) Official Development Plan (20kb)
- Tenant Relocation and Protection Guidelines (for rezoning and development permit applications submitted on or after February 15, 2016) (374kb)
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings (198kb)
- Family Room Housing Mix Policy (1.33mb)
- High Density Housing for Families with Children Guidelines (114kb)
- Issues Report: Redevelopment of 1075 West Hastings Street and View Corridors (1.61mb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Michael Naylor, Senior Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-871-6269
Applicant Contact: Walter Francl, Francl Architecture, 604-688-3252
To receive updates about the West End Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/westend and provide your contact information at the bottom of the page.