Rezoning Application - 1640-1650 Alberni Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1640-1650 Alberni Street from RM-5C (Multiple Dwelling) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District.
The proposal is for a 42-storey residential building with a four-storey podium, including:
- 276 units of secured market rental housing;
- floor space ratio (FSR) of 13.69;
- five levels of underground parking with 148 vehicle parking stalls;
- 345 bicycle parking spaces; and
- a building height of 117.3 m (385 ft.)
This application is being considered under the West End Community Plan and Rezoning Policy for the West End.
A community open house was held on Monday, November 21, 2016 from 5 to 8 pm at the Crystal Ballroom of the Empire Landmark Hotel (1400 Robson Street). City staff and the applicant team were available to answer questions.
You can provide comments on this rezoning application by filling out our online feedback form. While comments will be accepted up to the Public Hearing date, you are encouraged to provide your comments by January 2, 2017 to allow staff to consider if any changes need to be made to the proposal and to represent your comments in the report to Council.
Application (October 7, 2016)
- Policy Context (1.73mb)
- Design Rationale (704kb)
- Project Statistics (769kb)
- Sustainability (77kb)
- Building Height (1.84mb) (Updated November 18, 2016)
- Streetscape (974kb)
- Shadow Studies (438kb) (Updated May 5, 2017)
- Site Context (1.16mb)
- Parking Plans (292kb)
- Floor and Roof Plan (1.55mb)
- Landscape Plans (807kb)
- Building Sections (882kb)
- Building Elevations (1.66mb)
- Building Renderings (1.62mb)
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - November 21, 2016
- Urban Design Panel - November 30, 2016
- West End Community Plan (17.25mb)
- West End Community Plan Rezoning Policy (155kb)
- RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C, and RM-5D (206kb)
- West End RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C, and RM-5D Guidelines (759kb)
- Rental Housing Stock (RHS) Official Development Plan (20kb)
- Tenant Relocation and Protection Guidelines (for rezoning and development permit applications submitted on or after February 15, 2016) (374kb)
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings (198kb)
- Family Room Housing Mix Policy (1.33mb)
- High Density Housing for Families with Children Guidelines (114kb)
- Issues Report: Redevelopment of 1075 West Hastings Street and View Corridors (1.61mb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Michael Naylor, Senior Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-871-6269
Applicant Contact: Walter Francl, Francl Architecture, 604-688-3252
To receive updates about the West End Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/westend and provide your contact information at the bottom of the page.