Rezoning Application - 1636 Clark Drive & 1321-1395 East 1st Avenue
The City of Vancouver has received an application from BC Housing and Vancouver Coastal Health, in partnership with the City of Vancouver, to rezone the subject site from I-2 (Industrial) and RM-4N (Multiple Dwelling) Districts to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal consists of a 12,192 sq. m (131,234 sq. ft.) mixed-use building and includes:
- social enterprise space at grade;
- withdrawal management centre operated by Vancouver Coastal Health, including up to 20 transitional units;
- 97 social housing units;
- floor space ratio (FSR) of 3.07;
- maximum building height of 30.5 m/100 ft. (fronting Clark Drive) and 19.8 m/65 ft. (fronting McLean Drive); and
- 39 car and 100 bicycle parking spaces.
This application is being considered under the Grandview-Woodland Community Plan.
A community open house was held on Monday, June 11, 2018 from 5-7:30 pm in Room 1236 of Building B (access off East 7th Avenue) at Vancouver Community College, located at 1155 East Broadway. The applicant team and City staff were available to answer questions about the rezoning application.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (May 1, 2018)
Entire Submission Booklet (40mb)
- Project Statistics (92kb)
- Site Context (1.0mb)
- Site Plan (264kb)
- Streetscapes (1.2mb)
- Floor Plans (1.5mb)
- Renderings (6.2mb)
- Building Elevations (2.9mb)
- Building Sections (695kb)
- Shadow Study (1.7mb)
- Design Rationale (2.4mb)
- Policy Context (1.4mb)
- Landscape Drawings (9.3mb)
- Survey Plan (387kb)
Parking Study - Draft Report (384kb)
Applicant Team - Project FAQ's (1.4mb)
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Community Open House: June 11, 2018:
- Urban Design Panel: June 13, 2018
- I-2 District Schedule
- RM-4N District Schedule
- Grandview-Woodland Community Plan
- Housing Vancouver Strategy
- Housing Vancouver 3 Year Action Plan 2018-2020
To view additional plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Sarah Crowley, Rezoning Planner, 1636_Clark_Drive_Rezoning@vancouver.ca
Applicant Contact: Ulrich Geissler, HDR l CEI Architecture Associates, Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org