Rezoning Text Amendment - 1523 Davie Street (Gabriola Mansion)
The City of Vancouver has received an application to amend the text of CD-1 (248) (Comprehensive Development) District for 1523 Davie Street (Gabriola Mansion). The proposal includes:
- the preservation and restoration of the Gabriola Mansion;
- the conversion of the mansion into 16 market rental units;
- four new infill market rental townhouses to be developed in the northeast corner of the property;
- an increase in FSR from 0.35 to 0.89; and
- no increase in height from the existing CD-1 (248).
A community open house will be held from 5:00-8:00pm on Thursday, June 8, 2017 at Best Western Plus Sands (1755 Davie Street) with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
You can provide comments on this rezoning application by filling out our online feedback form. While comments will be accepted up to the Public Hearing date, you are encouraged to provide your comments by July 30, 2017 to allow staff to consider if any changes need to be made to the proposal and to represent your comments in the report to Council.
Application (March 1, 2017)
- Letter of Intent (43kb)
- Design Rationale (1.30mb)
- Site Context (15.55mb)
- Project Statistics (4.25mb)
- Existing Site Plan (37.89mb)
- Existing Site Plan – Demolition and Retention (37.78mb)
- Site Plans (37.28mb)
- Floor Plans (31.37mb)
- Elevations (24.98mb)
- Sections (4.33mb)
- Shadow Study (14.27mb)
- Renderings (7.44mb)
- Area Overlays (14.28mb)
- Landscape Plan (92.66mb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City contact: Catherine Neill, Rezoning Planner, email@example.com, 604-873-7053
Applicant contact: Rachel Mason, Ankenman Marchand Architects, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-328-7422