Rezoning Application - 1500 West Georgia Street
The City of Vancouver has received a revised application to rezone
1500 West Georgia Street from Downtown (DD) District to Comprehensive Development (CD-1) District.
This revised application was submitted on February 14, 2017, in response to the feedback received through public consultation and advisory review groups. The revised proposal is for a 42-storey residential development adjacent to the existing office building that includes:
- 220 market residential units with 23,613 m2 (254,169 sq.ft.) of new floor area;
- a floor space ratio of 10.82 and a total floor area of 43,494 m2 (468,170 sq.ft.) across the entire site (including the existing office building);
- a commercial/retail unit at the ground floor; and
- seven levels of underground parking.
This rezoning is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for the West End.
Key changes from the last submission (received July 29, 2016) include:
- a reduction in the overall massing of the tower;
- a reduction of the average tower floor plate from 603.7 m2 (6,498 sq. ft.) to 547.1 m2 (5,889 sq. ft.);
- a reduction of total new floor area by approximately 2,600 m2 (28,000 sq. ft.);
- a reduction of FSR from 11.47 to 10.82;
- an increased separation from the existing office tower by approximately 3.4 m (11 ft.);
- redesign of the tower base and outdoor landscaping;
- re-establishment of the original pool design; and
- re-establishment of the original brick slope and reflecting pool frontage with its waterfall along Georgia Street.
A community open house took place on September 29, 2016 at the Empire Landmark Hotel (1400 Robson Street), with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (February 14, 2017)
- Letter of Intent (270kb)
- Design Rationale (11.75mb)
- Project Statistics (134kb)
- Site and Context (6.4mb)
- Building Renderings (4.1mb)
- Site Plan (441kb)
- Residential Floor Plans (3.8mb)
- Elevations (10.8mb)
- Landscape Plans (5.6mb)
- View Study (5.3mb)
- Shadow Study (3.3mb)
- Traffic Study (5.43mb)
- Heritage Study 20.2mb)
- Sustainability (1.8mb)
- Design Response to Urban Design Panel (11.8mb)
- Arborist Report (7.2mb)
Application (July 29, 2016)
- Letter of Intent (131kb)
- Design Rationale (2.49mb)
- Project Statistics (169kb)
- Site and Context (2.34mb)
- Building Renderings (1.71mb)
- Site Plan (590kb)
- Residential Floor Plans (1.78mb)
- Elevations (1.11mb)
- Landscape Plans (1.07mb)
- View Study (10.85mb)
- Shadow Study (482kb)
- Traffic Study (5.43mb)
- Heritage Study 2.68mb)
- Sustainability (1.11mb)
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Community Open House - Thursday, September 29, 2016
- Vancouver Heritage Commission - Monday, October 3, 2016
- Urban Design Panel - Wednesday, October 5, 2016
- Urban Design Panel - Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- West End Community Plan (17.25mb)
- West End Community Plan Rezoning Policy (155kb)
- View Protection Guidelines (580kb)
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings (198kb)
- Community Amenity Contributions - Through Rezonings (1.50mb)
To view additional studies and plans, please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Yan Zeng, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-871-6383
Applicant Contact: Stefan Aepli, Francl Architecture, email@example.com, 604-688-3252
To receive updates about the West End Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/westend and provide your contact information at the bottom of the page.