Rezoning Application - 1444 Alberni Street and 740 Nicola Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1444 Alberni Street and 740 Nicola Street. The proposal is for two residential towers with:
- 314 market strata units and 129 market rental units, for a total of 443 units;
- a 56 space City owned childcare facility on Level 7;
- six levels of underground parking with 484 vehicle parking stalls and 562 bicycle parking spaces;
- a total floor space ratio (FSR) of 14.95 and a floor area of 60,131 sq m (647,249 sq ft);
- building heights of 134.7m (442.0 ft.) (East Tower) and 123.5m (405.0 ft) (West Tower); and
- closure of Nicola Street between Alberni Street and the lane to create a new City park.
This application is being considered under the West End Community Plan and Rezoning Policy for the West End.
A community open house was held from 5 to 8 pm on Tuesday, November 7, 2017 at the Listel Hotel Impressionist Gallery (1300 Robson Street) with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
You can provide comments on this rezoning application by filling out our online feedback form.
Application (September 1, 2017)
- Site Statistics (165kb)
- Project Description (477kb)
- Site and Policy Context (12.63mb)
- Planning and Design Rationale (6.33mb)
- Renderings (1.40mb)
- Landscape and Public Realm (4.82mb)
- Shadow Studies (443kb)
- Proposal Process and Amenities (566kb)
- Sustainability Summary (671kb)
- Parking Floor Plans (963kb)
- Typical Floor Plans (3.81mb)
- Elevations and Sections (5.26mb)
- Landscape Drawings (6.19mb)
- Transportation Study (2.78mb)
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - November 7, 2017
- Urban Design Panel: November 15 , 2017 - RESUBMISSION recommended
- West End Community Plan (2013)
- Rezoning Policy for the West End (2013)
- RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C, and RM-5D
- West End RM-5, RM-5A, RM-5B, RM-5C, and RM-5D Guidelines
- View Protection Guidelines
- General Policy for Higher Buildings
- Green Building Policy for Rezonings
- Rezoning Policy for Sustainable Large Developments
- Family Room Housing Mix Policy
- High Density Housing for Families with Children Guidelines
- Rental Housing Stock Official Development Plan / Rate of Change Guidelines
- Tenant Relocation and Protection Policy
- Childcare Design Guidelines
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
To receive updates about the West End Plan, including information about rezoning applications, please visit vancouver.ca/westend and provide your contact information at the bottom of the page.