Revised Rezoning Application - 1380-1382 Hornby Street and 801 Pacific Street
On December 21, 2015, the City of Vancouver received an application to rezone 1380-1382 Hornby Street from CD-1 (435) (Comprehensive Development) District, and DD (Downtown) District to a new CD-1 District. On October 5, 2016, the City received an application addendum to add the site at 801 Pacific Street to the rezoning application.
The original proposal for 1380-1382 Hornby Street remains unchanged. It includes a 39-storey residential building with:
- 212 market residential units,
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 16.25,
- 238 underground parking spaces, and
- the restoration and relocation of Leslie House, the existing Heritage 'A' building, on site.
The application addendum for 801 Pacific Street proposes a City-owned cultural facility. The proposal includes:
- a seven-storey building with a floor area of 21,049 square feet and a density of 3.51 FSR,
- gallery and community space on the ground floor,
- rehearsal space on level 2
- ancillary space on level 3
- cultural program spaces on levels 4 to 7, and
- one car share space off the lane and 39 bike parking spaces in the basement.
The applicant proposes the cultural facility as part of the public benefits achieved by the development at 1380-1382 Hornby Street.
Council direction on Potential "Benefit Capacity" in Downtown allows consideration of a rezoning application at 1380-1382 Hornby Street.
A community open house is scheduled for 5-8pm on October 26, 2016 at the Holiday Inn (1110 Howe Street), with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form. While comments will be accepted up to the Public Hearing date, you are encouraged to provide your comments by November 30, 2016 to allow staff to consider if any changes need to be made to the proposal and to represent your comments in the report to Council.
Application Addendum for 801 Pacific St (October 5, 2016)
- Rezoning Application Addendum Rationale (32kb)
- Project Statistics (168kb)
- Context Plan and Photos (4.21mb)
- Streetscape Context (2.36mb)
- Design Rationale (11.35mb)
- Site Plan (918kb)
- Parking and Floor Plans (4.46mb)
- Landscape Plans (334kb)
- Building Sections and Elevations (5.15mb)
- Building Renderings (4.95mb)
- Shadow Studies (1.25mb)
- Sustainability (164kb)
Application for 1380-1382 Hornby St (December 21, 2015)
- Rezoning Rationale (55kb)
- Project Statistics (79kb)
- Context Plan and Photos (2.56mb)
- Streetscape Context (441kb)
- Site Plan (1.22mb)
- Parking Plans (1.24mb)
- Floor and Roof Plans (4.26mb)
- Building Sections (1.21mb)
- Building Elevations (2.40mb)
- Building Renderings (823kb)
- Shadow Studies (910kb)
- Skyline View Analysis (185kb)
- Heritage Preservation (490kb)
- Sustainability (132kb)
- Landscape Plans (815kb)
- Notice of Rezoning Application Addendum and Community Open House (October 26, 2016) (276kb)
- Notice of Rezoning Application and Community Open House (February 24, 2016) (276kb)
Advisory Group and Community Meetings
- Community Open House - Wednesday, February 24, 2016
- Potential "Benefit Capacity" in Downtown Report (89kb)
- Vancouver Views: Downtown View Corridors and Capacity Study Report (637kb)
- Downtown Official Development Plan (8.8mb)
- Downtown South Goals and Policies (117kb)
- Downtown South Guidelines (2.64mb)
- Heritage Policies and Guidelines (171kb)
- View Protection Guidelines (580kb)
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings (198kb)
- Community Amenity Contributions - Through Rezonings (1.50mb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Yan Zeng, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.871.6383
Applicant Contact: Michael Burak, Grosvenor, email@example.com, 604.640.3527