Rezoning Application - 118-150 Robson Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 118-150 Robson Street from DD (Downtown) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a 29-storey mixed-use development with a six-storey podium, including:
- retention and restoration of the existing Northern Electric Building facade;
- 131 market housing units in the residential tower (levels five to 29);
- hotel and related commercial uses at ground level, with four to six-storeys of hotel uses above;
- five levels of underground parking;
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 10.08; and
- a building height of 88.5 m (290 ft).
If the site is redeveloped, a new shelter space will be provided downtown for the existing Catholic Charities shelter, as part of the agreement between the developer and Catholic Charities. This rezoning application is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder.
A community open house was held from 5-8pm on Monday, June 19, 2017 at the Sandman Hotel (Ballroom, 2nd Floor) at 180 West Georgia Street with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
At the June 5, 2018 Regular Council Meeting, Council referred this application to the June 26, 2018 Public Hearing.
PUBLIC HEARING SCHEDULED:
Anyone who considers themselves affected by the proposed by-law amendments may speak at the Public Hearing. Please register individually beginning at 8:30 am on June 15 until 5 pm on the day of the Public Hearing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 604-829-4238. You may also register in person at the door between 5:30 and 6 pm on the day of the Public Hearing. You may submit your comments by email to email@example.com, or by mail to: City of Vancouver, City Clerk’s Office, 453 West 12th Avenue, Third Floor, Vancouver, BC, V5Y 1V4. All submitted comments will be distributed to Council and posted on the City's website. Please visit vancouver.ca/publichearings for important details.
Copies of the draft by-laws are available for viewing at the City Clerk’s Office in City Hall, 453 West 12th Avenue, Third Floor, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. All meetings of Council are webcast live at vancouver.ca/councilvideo, and minutes of Public Hearings are available at vancouver.ca/councilmeetings (posted approximately two business days after a meeting). For real time information on the progress of City Council meetings, visit vancouver.ca/speaker-wait-times or @VanCityClerk on Twitter.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON PUBLIC HEARINGS, INCLUDING REGISTERING TO SPEAK:
Application (February 28, 2017)
- Letter of Intent (3.38mb)
- Project Statistics (62kb)
- Site Plan and Context (608kb)
- View Study (4.45mb)
- Shadow Study (1.00mb)
- Sustainability (94kb)
- Parking Plans (758kb)
- Floor Plans (1.65mb)
- Landscape Plan (15.80mb)
- Elevations (4.03mb)
- Sections (262kb)
- Perspectives (760kb)
- Heritage Study and Conservation Plan (1.02mb)
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - June 19, 2017
- Urban Design Panel: June 28, 2017 Evaluation: Support with recommendations
- Downtown Official Development Plan (2.09mb)
- Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder (291kb)
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings (198kb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City contact: Yan Zeng, Rezoning Planner,firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.871.6383
Applicant contact: Blake Chartrand, Amacon, email@example.com