Rezoning Application - 118-150 Robson Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 118-150 Robson Street from DD (Downtown) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a 29-storey mixed-use development with a six-storey podium, including:
- retention and restoration of the existing Northern Electric Building facade;
- 131 market housing units in the residential tower (levels five to 29);
- hotel and related commercial uses at ground level, with four to six-storeys of hotel uses above;
- five levels of underground parking;
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 10.08; and
- a building height of 88.5 m (290 ft).
If the site is redeveloped, a new shelter space will be provided downtown for the existing Catholic Charities shelter, as part of the agreement between the developer and Catholic Charities. This rezoning application is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder.
A community open house was held from 5-8pm on Monday, June 19, 2017 at the Sandman Hotel (Ballroom, 2nd Floor) at 180 West Georgia Street with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
You can provide comments on this rezoning application by filling out our online feedback form. While comments will be accepted up to the Public Hearing date, you are encouraged to provide your comments by July 30, 2017 to allow staff to consider if any changes need to be made to the proposal and to represent your comments in the report to Council.
Application (February 28, 2017)
- Letter of Intent (3.38mb)
- Project Statistics (62kb)
- Site Plan and Context (608kb)
- View Study (4.45mb)
- Shadow Study (1.00mb)
- Sustainability (94kb)
- Parking Plans (758kb)
- Floor Plans (1.65mb)
- Landscape Plan (15.80mb)
- Elevations (4.03mb)
- Sections (262kb)
- Perspectives (760kb)
- Heritage Study and Conservation Plan (1.02mb)
- Notice of Rezoning Application (236kb)
Advisory Group and Community Open House Meetings
- Community Open House - June 19, 2017
- Urban Design Panel: June 28, 2017 Evaluation: Support with recommendations
- Downtown Official Development Plan (2.09mb)
- Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder (291kb)
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings (198kb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City contact: Yan Zeng, Rezoning Planner,firstname.lastname@example.org, 604.871.6383
Applicant contact: Blake Chartrand, Amacon, email@example.com