Rezoning Application - 1133 Melville Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to rezone 1133 Melville Street from DD (Downtown) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District. The proposal is for a 33-storey office building with retail at grade, including:
- a maximum building height of 159.9 m (524 ft.);
- a floor area of 61,194 m² (658,687 sq. ft.);
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 22.46; and
- 287 underground parking spaces.
This rezoning application is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder, General Policy for Higher Buildings and Rezoning Policy for Sustainable Large Developments.
A community open house was held from 5-8 pm on Monday, September 14, 2015 at the Pinnacle Hotel, Salon F, Level A, 1133 West Hastings Street with the applicant team and City staff available to answer questions.
You can provide comments by filling out our online feedback form.
Following UDP review in 2015, the applicant team are working on a revised rezoning application. Once a revised application is submitted, the City will hold a second community open house.
Application (July 8, 2015)
- Project Statistics (67kb)
- Building Renderings (Updated August 12, 2015) (2.28mb)
- Site and Context (722kb)
- Building Architectural Concept (412kb)
- Parking Plans (247kb)
- Site and Floor Plans (660kb)
- Building Elevations (266kb)
- Building Sections (123kb)
- Landscape and Open Space Design (3.34mb)
- View Analysis (1.77mb)
- Shadow Analysis (921kb)
- Sustainable Large Development Strategy (5.17mb)
- Low Carbon Energy Study (1.02mb)
- Rainwater Management Report (1.25mb)
- Transportation Study (9.1mb)
Advisory Groups and Community Meetings
- Urban Design Panel: May 31, 2017
- Urban Design Panel: October 21, 2015 - Evaluation: Non-Support (2-7)
- Community Open House: September 14, 2015 - Display Boards (1.17mb)
- Downtown Official Development Plan (2.09mb)
- Downtown (except Downtown South) Design Guidelines (100kb)
- Green Buildings Policy for Rezonings (198kb)
- Rezoning Policy for the Central Business District (CBD) and CBD Shoulder (291kb)
- General Policy for Higher Buildings (161kb)
- Rezoning Policy for Sustainable Large Developments (70kb)
- Rezoning Policy for Sustainable Large Developments - Bulletin (336kb)
- Metro Core Jobs and Economy Land Use Plan (2.12mb)
To view additional plans please make an appointment with the rezoning planner.
City Contact: Stephanie Johnson, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-326-4824
Applicant Contact: Michael McDonald, Kasian Architecture Interior Design and Planning LTD, 604.683.4145