Rezoning Application - 1128 West Georgia Street
The City of Vancouver has received an application to amend the text of CD-1 (426) Comprehensive Development District for the existing Shangri-La mixed-use development to increase the maximum floor area by 459.5 sq. m (4,947 sq. ft.) from 64,688 m2 (696,318 sq. ft.) to 65,147.5 sq. m (701,265 sq. ft.).
This increase in floor area would allow for:
- addition of a “tea house” cafe on the ground floor adjacent the hotel lobby;
- enclosure of the third-floor restaurant terrace and bridge connection; and
- enclosure of the terrace on the sixth floor facing Thurlow Street.
This application was approved by Council at Public Hearing on January 16, 2018.
Application (March 21, 2017)
- Letter of Intent (88kb)
- Design Rationale (57kb)
- Rezoning Rationale (62kb)
- Site Statistics (1.39mb)
- Site Plan (679kb)
- Level 1 Plans (2.43mb)
- Level 3 Plans (1.66mb)
- Rooftop Plans (1.01mb)
- Area Plan (1.09mb)
- Shadow Studies 965kb)
- Regular Council Meeting: December 12, 2017
- Public Hearing: January 16, 2018
- CD-1 (426) By-law (944mb)
City Contact: Stephanie Johnson, Rezoning Planner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 604-326-4824
Applicant Contact: Dawn Guspie, James KM Cheng Architects Inc., email@example.com, 604-873-4333 ext.118