Revised Rezoning Application - 105 Keefer Street and 544 Columbia Street
The City of Vancouver has received a revised application to rezone 105 Keefer Street and 544 Columbia Street from HA-1A (Chinatown Historic Area) District to CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) District.
This revised application was submitted on December 12, 2016, in response to feedback received through public consultation and advisory review groups. The revised proposal is for a 12-storey mixed-use building that includes:
- commercial uses on the first floor, including a seniors' cultural space;
- 25 senior social housing units on the second floor;
- 110 market residential units from levels 3 to 12;
- a floor space ratio (FSR) of 7.04 (not including covered open-to-below spaces on levels 2 to 7) and a floor area of 11,951 m2 (128,648 sq.ft.); and
- 83 underground vehicle parking spaces and 209 bicycle parking spaces.
The application is being considered under the Rezoning Policy for Chinatown South (HA-1A)
Key changes from the last submission (received April 15, 2016) include:
- number of stories reduced from 13 to 12;
- height reduced from 120 ft to 115 ft;
- reduction in residential market unit count from 119 to 110;
- reduction of FSR from 7.06 to 7.04 (not including covered open-to-below spaces on levels 2 to 7);
- introduction of new public pedestrian passages and courtyard through the project; and
- reduction in overall bulk and massing.
Please note the proposed 25 seniors social housing units on Level 2 (including associated amenity spaces) and a dedicated seniors cultural space on ground floor remain the same as the last proposal.
You can provide comments by filling out the feedback form below. While comments will be accepted up to the Public Hearing date, you are encouraged to provide your comments by February 27, 2017, to allow staff to consider if any changes need to be made to the proposal and to represent your comments in the report to Council.